End of Year Activities for Upper Elementary and Middle School
Are you approaching the end of the school year?
Does it feel like the school year flew by and it's already the end of the school year? Or did it seem slow in coming this year?
Regardless of how quickly or slowly your school year went, the end of the year is a great time for students to look back and reflect on the time they spent at this grade level.
If you're looking for a few activities for the end of the year, I have a few ideas for you:-)
End of School Year Activity #1
1) Students can write letters to themselves. You can have students self-address their envelopes, and then you can save them and mail them to students in August.
Kids are so excited to receive actual letters in the mail!
AND, addressing an envelope is great practice for a life skill that isn't used quite as often these days.
For most of the years we did this, many of my students had never addressed an envelope before.
End of School Year Activity #2
2) Students can write letters to students who'll be in that grade next year. In their letter, students can share:
End of School Year Activity #3
3) Students can create memory wheels to display their favorite things about the year:
End of School Year Activity #4
4) Students can collaborate to create an end of the year "newspaper," including stories about:
End of School Year Activity #5
5) Students can create their "Top 9" memories of the year, as they might see on Instagram (if they have it).
For more great ideas, check out this post from The Colorado Classroom!
What other end of year activities do you use with your students?
To Read Next:
Hey there! I'm Ellie - here to share math fun, best practices, and engaging, challenging, easy-prep activities ideas!