How do you help your math students retain concepts?
How do they remember the meanings of certain terms?
How do you help them prepare for those standardized tests?
Spiral review helps with all of these. I've been using spiral review for a long time, but never wrote about it before - so here we go:-)
How does spiral review on a daily basis help students?
I've been usingdaily math with spiral review since 2013. I created my own daily math at that time, because I couldn't find a resource that really helped my students. With this spiral review, I found these benefits:
Ideas for How to Use Daily Math
1) Cut each page into the separate days for students to work on as their bell ringer or warm up.
2) Have students keep the daily math pages in a binder so they always have them available (my favorite).
3) Display the pages for students to see as they enter the class. They can complete the problems in their notebooks.
4) Use the pages as homework.
5) Have a weekly/monthly/quarterly quiz, allowing students to use their daily math pages as a resource - I love doing this because it helps students to make sure they don't lose their pages!